Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hollywood Rant: Why Keanu? Why?

I am starting a new series of blogs called "Hollywood Rant." They are about how Hollywood can't seem to make decent movies anymore. Here goes...

In case you haven't heard, they are making an live-action adaptation of the Japanese Anime Cowboy Bebop. First of all, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes. It was the first series I watched so I am attached to it. Now, there have been rumors floating around that Keanu Reeves will be playing Spike Spiegel. Well...the rumors are true! And this makes me so mad! BOOERNS! Keanu only has one acting style...think Matrix and Bill & Ted...one word comes to mind "Whoa." UG! It is going to be so lame! Keanu is such a stiff actor, however, I did like those 2 movies, but he just doesn't fit Spikes character. Chalk another one up to Hollywood for making another crappy adaptation.

After getting really upset I decided to kick back and watch one of my favorite TV series, Flight of the Conchords. That show is great! Great actors and funny songs, always entertaining. And then I got to thinking, Bret looks like Spike, he's got the hair. He would just have to beef up a bit, then I could see him playing Spike in the live-action Cowboy Bebop Movie. He would have to talk in an American accent though. Still, I think it would be awesome if Bret McKenzie starred in a big budget movie.BOO Keanu! Like Whoa! This movie will be awful with me in it. Just check out my crappy hair.
Give Bret a chance! He's got the hair and he can act. If your movie fails Keanu, Bret and Jemaine will sing a song about your failure.
Bret McKenzie for Spike!

Thanks for reading my Hollywood Rant about Cowboy Bebop the live-action movie. Oh Hollywood Filmmakers, how you have dissappointed me yet again. Remember Daredevil, Elecktra, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li? Those movies blew.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

damn, I vote for Bret, too! you sure managed to find the sexiest pics of him to post here ;)

melsartstuff said...

Ha ha! Marie I love you! Hey, those pics were hard to get I tell ya! I had to kill a man! ...well, maybe I didn't, but hey aren't they nice?

Richelle Gutierrez said...

Oh Melinda, how you make me laugh! Thanks for the rant, it put a smile on my face and I hope your McKinsey guy gets to be in a big buget film, I trust your judgement!

Morgan Rhys Gibbons said...

James Franco would be an excellent spike.
But yeah, i am VERY sad about this casting choice.