Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Excursion to Moab 2007 part.1

So once again I am planning a trip to Moab with some friends from my old Animation class. Last year we went to Moab with our friends from Japan and it was awesome! All in all, it was me, Beau, Jon, Matt, Tsuyoshi, Liz, Chiaki, Kenta, Taka, and at the last minute we were able to get Manuel to go. He had no idea where we were going. We stayed at the Arches National Park Campground called "Devil's Garden." It is a really cool place and you can climb all over the rocks there. And the hiking trails are not that far from camp. We hiked all over. We saw delicate arch at sunset, and a bunch more near the campsite. What is sad is that one of the arches we went to last year has now collapsed just a few weeks ago. Well, I am glad I had the chance to see it in person. We took lots of pictures and had marshmellows and smores. I got freaked out cause I hate it when people pretend that they are falling off the side of the cliff or something tall, and Kenta was doing that! And manuel couldn't let go of the rocks and was laying on the ground. Beau tried to drag him somewhere but Manuel was like, "just leave me man." Jon was the leader, we called him "Captain Jon" cause he knew where he was going. There was this cool hole in the rock were you could get fresh cold water...mmmm...it was good. It was so much fun. I am glad that eveyone had fun too. I hope this year will be great too. Although I do miss our Japanese friends.

No comments: