Friday, October 3, 2008

LA Makeup Trip - March 2008

Pantages Theater where we saw the play Wicked.
Outside the theater.
With an awesome guy that does celebrities makeup.
Holy crap! That is a lot of material.
More Material. Just think of the costumes you can make.
With the dude from Ben Nye Makeup.
Harry Potter shop.
"Harry Potter Sir!" Oh, shut up Dobby.
More Wizarding stuff.
More.
The dude doing a makeup demonstration.
Mmm....nothing says LA like a Big Ass can a beer that you can wear.
The FX Makeup place.
FX place.
Sculpt.
Pushing Daisies Makeup.
Skeletons. Sweet!
Werewolf statue.
Seven of 9. Star Trek.
Cool cafe/shop.
Buddha.
Mayan Jaguars.
Prosthetics.
A cool shirt in Japantown that I wanted to buy.
Another cool shirt in Japantown. "Japan sells beer to kids." Love it!
Boats off the coast.
More Boats.Ug. I got some speck on my camera and I cleaned it and it still won't go away. I am going to have to take it in and get it cleaned.
LA MAKEUP TRIP - 2007
It was fun. I learned a ton about makeup and special FX makeup. It was cool to see Wicked. The music to that show is great. We talked with a guy that does makeup for celebrities like Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul, Jennifer Lopez and others. And he gave us a makeup demonstration. We stopped off at Santee Alley which is like a huge swap meet of cheap stuff. We went to an outdoor theater that showed us all the behind the scenes stuff. "Paintings in Motion." The hotel we stayed at was in Santa Monica. It was a little po-dunk and creepy, but cool. It seemed like it was haunted. I really liked the FX shops we went to. They had tons of great prosthetics. Too bad my eyesite wasn't that great. I just got PRK lasik surgery a week prior to the trip so my vision was a bit blurry.

No comments: