Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween this year was okay. I wish that I had the time and the money to make a cool costume like usual, but hey, maybe next year. For the past few years my family has started a Halloween tradition of having a Halloween party with family, friends and neighbors, but this year we decided just to have some family over, carve pumpkins and have some awesome food. My dad made his great chili and my mom made a cheesy potatoe soup that was so freakin' good. Then on Halloween my sister and her kids came over and my brother and sister-in-law came over and we took the kids trick-or-treating. It was fun, the weather was nice, it only sprinkled a bit. Oh, and I got to dress up my sister with some clothes from my costume closet. I created an ensemble that turned out to be a 1800's mortician.
My sisters sweet pumpkin.
My friend Judge dressed up as Micheal Myers.
Cars at the Halloween Car Show at the Magna Arctic Circle were all dressed up too.
Ahh!!! Scary!
Arrr! I be a pirate scout! J.C.Hackett at the Oldies booth.
My DeLorean and my moms friends Datsun Truck.
My cool Garfield and Odie pumpkins that I painted. The pumpkins were so hard that I couldn't carve them, so I ended up painting them as Garfield and Odie from the Garfield Halloween Special.
My carved pumpkins, I just wanted to do some faces. The white one is a Jack Skellington. My sister in her Mortician Outfit.
More Halloween Pics coming soon.

3 comments:

Judge "Dredd" Leverich said...

E-mail me the Michael Myers pics..
= )

Judge "Dredd" Leverich said...

AWESOME!!!

The car's dressed up is so funny!!

Very cool pumpkins!!!

DaniellaE said...

Hi Mel, AWESOME PUMPKINS! I found your great Garfield ones while researching how people had managed to attach pirate garfield's hat.
I am going to attempt the pirate Garfield pumpkin this year (though I am not as awesome a painter as you), and I wanted to ask, how so you attach the cardboard accessories (hat and ears)? I thought using a hot glue gun could be ineffective cause of the pumpkin's irregular slick surface. Any advice?